Ripping and Tagging CDs 
Sunday, November 9, 2014, 07:03 AM
Posted by Administrator
I have added a page that details how I rip and tag CDs using free software.

http://www.rocode.com/cdripping/

I use imgburn on Microsoft Windows to rip the CDs.

I use flac, bchunk and jack on Ubuntu Linux to tag the tracks.
view entry ( 2312 views )   |  permalink
2014 October Temperature Graph 
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 04:15 AM
Posted by Administrator
I have uploaded a new hourly temperature graph from my 1-wire temperature probes.

The graph may be directly found at:
http://www.rocode.com/sensors/temperature2014b.png

It includes both my East sensor and my West sensor.

Further details about my temperature sensors may be found in my earlier posting:
http://www.rocode.com/blog/index.php?entry=Elvin-Producer---Temperature
view entry ( 2315 views )   |  permalink
Google Scholar 
Sunday, August 17, 2014, 11:21 AM
Posted by Administrator
I created a profile for myself in Google Scholar.

http://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=GTj52SAAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
view entry ( 2481 views )   |  permalink
2014 January Temperature Graph 
Monday, January 27, 2014, 09:14 AM
Posted by Administrator
I have uploaded a new hourly temperature graph from my 1-wire temperature probes.

The graph may be directly found at:
http://www.rocode.com/sensors/temperature2014.png

It now includes both my original East sensor and my more recent West sensor.

Further details about my temperature sensors may be found in my earlier posting:
http://www.rocode.com/blog/index.php?entry=Elvin-Producer---Temperature
view entry ( 2797 views )   |  permalink
Powerline Experiments 
Thursday, December 5, 2013, 09:37 AM
Posted by Administrator
Back in May 2012 I purchased some TP-Link powerline adapters.

See blog entry
http://rocode.com/blog/index.php?entry=Powerline-Ethernet

Today I received delivery of brand new NetComm adapters with Gigabit RJ45 connectors.

I purchased a kit with 2 units for $149.

I have done a speed test comparison over my internal network for them! I used the Linux iperf command.

Firstly the TP-Link:

rohan@rohan-tv:~$ iperf -c 192.168.1.1
------------------------------------------------------------
Client connecting to 192.168.1.1, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 23.5 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 3] local 192.168.1.2 port 58424 connected with 192.168.1.1 port 5001
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 76.2 MBytes 63.8 Mbits/sec
rohan@rohan-tv:~$

[rohan@FreePBX ~]$ iperf -s
------------------------------------------------------------
Server listening on TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 4] local 192.168.1.1 port 5001 connected with 192.168.1.2 port 58424
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.0-10.1 sec 76.2 MBytes 63.1 Mbits/sec


Secondly the NetComm:

rohan@rohan-tv:~$ iperf -c 192.168.1.1
------------------------------------------------------------
Client connecting to 192.168.1.1, TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 23.5 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 3] local 192.168.1.2 port 48693 connected with 192.168.1.1 port 5001
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 3] 0.0-10.0 sec 110 MBytes 92.2 Mbits/sec
rohan@rohan-tv:~$

[rohan@FreePBX ~]$ iperf -s
------------------------------------------------------------
Server listening on TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
------------------------------------------------------------
[ 4] local 192.168.1.1 port 5001 connected with 192.168.1.2 port 48693
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.0-10.1 sec 110 MBytes 91.3 Mbits/sec


So my upgrade has increased my internal LAN speed by 50% to just under 100Mbps across my raw power wiring.

Once again I don't get anywhere near the manufacture's maximum speed as rated on the appliances. Regardless of this I am still happy with the performance increase.
view entry ( 2996 views )   |  permalink

<<First <Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next> Last>>